Exit Games Unveils Photon 3 – The Network Engine for AAA Studios and Indies
Indie Game Developers, listen up, here’s something for you:
Portland, OR and Hamburg, Germany – September 19, 2011 – Exit Games today announced that its market leading network engine Photon has been upgraded to version 3 and will be released and made available with immediate effect. The enhancements found within this version upgrade include:
- Load Balancing Power-Up: Scale games across multiple server nodes
- Photon Unity Networking: Combine the ease-of-use of Unity Networking with the performance and reliability of Photon
- Server-2-Server Interface: Send operations, responses and events directly between servers
- HTML5 and Windows Phone 7.1 Client Libraries: Develop apps for these great platforms
- Plus: Custom serialization methods, event caching, improved exception handling, custom data types and loads of improvements “under the hood”
“We always strive to make Photon the perfect network engine for both the AAA studios as well as for our huge independent community. Photon 3 incorporates and condenses all our knowledge from AAA projects and makes it available and accessible to everyone. Now, with Photon 3, everyone can afford to build cross-platform multiplayer games that scale for tens of thousands of concurrent users.” says Christof Wegmann, CTO of Exit Games.
Developers can find the newest demos and latest documentation, with detailed descriptions of the new features including an upgrade how-to, at https://doc.exitgames.com/. All Photon customers who bought a license after April 1st 2011 will be provided with a free upgrade to version 3.
Exit Games provides FREE Photon licenses for Unity, iOS, Android, Windows Phone 7, HTML5, Flash, Silverlight and other platforms. Photon 3 can be downloaded at https://www.exitgames.com/download/.Powered by Sidelines
Previous Post Pudding Puzzle 2 (iPhone) Game Review: Fun and Cute!