The ROM Report Part IX – The New Year Edition
Welcome to the Ninth Edition of The ROM Report, and a Happy New Year! Today’s post is partially inspired by Retrojunk.com, because I really like the site’s articles on NES and SNES games.
Without further ado, here are the SNES games that I tested with SNEmulDS running on my R4DS/Nintendo DS:
- Robocop 3 – Runs OK. This action game is rather difficult to play; how do you shoot those grenade tossing bots??
- Rock ‘N Roll Racing – Runs OK. Despite some graphical glitches in the menu, you’ll be racing in down the isometric tracks in this rather interesting game.
- Kirby Super Star – Not OK. Failure to launch.
- Earthworm Jim – Runs OK. I remember playing an Earthworm Jim game on the PC. Same annoying worm, but OK gameplay.
- Super Punch Out – Runs OK..but just barely. Graphical glitches abound, including those happening IN-game, but still good for some laughs.
And now, for some NES games that I tested as well with, of course, nesDS:
- Kid Icarus – Runs OK. It’s like Ice Climber, but with arrows.
- Bad Dudes – Runs OK.
- Super Dodge Ball – Runs OK. Some graphical glitches here and there.
- Master Blaster – Runs OK. Is that a car that you drive around with a cannon attach on top, or is it a tank? It jumps pretty high too.
On a related note, yours truly intends to get a brand new PSP Slim & Lite. Wouldn’t it be nice to have The ROM Report on the PSP? But that would mean getting a modded PSP.
On the basis of supporting original games, that would be a bother, but in terms of unlocking the true potential of the device, a modded PSP is a must.
So, to have a modded PSP or otherwise, that is the question.Powered by Sidelines
Previous Post Jam Sessions DS and How To Unlock More Songs
Next Post Geometry Wars: Galaxies Review