Raptr Tracks Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds Player Stats
Raptr, the popular game tracking and social platform for gamers has released some pretty interesting playtime stats for Marvel vs Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (MvC3). In over a month since it’s release, the game remains the top fighting game on Raptr’s playtime charts. Based on gameplay data for the first month of release for this popular fighting game on Xbox 360, here are some noteworthy stats:
- 12% of gamers have beaten the game on the hardest difficulty setting
- 11% of gamers have won 5 online matches in a row
- 9% of gamers have completed the game with every character
- < 1% have unlocked all Achievements. The average playtime to unlock all Achievements is around 40 hours.
Raptr also discovered that within the first week of MvC3, 40% of gamers who bought the XBLA version of Marvel vs Capcom 2 also went on to buy MvC3 on Xbox 360. This is a remarkably high degree of conversion, especially compared with some recent games Raptr has been tracking. As an example, earlier tracking saw a conversion of 24% of gamers who played Madden 10 and then Madden 11, and a 22% conversion of gamers who played Dead Space and then Dead Space 2 within the first week of the new game release.
In addition, the report shows that there is a distinctly loyal fanbase for Capcom’s fighting games. The report indicates that Marvel vs Capcom 3 pulled in plenty of Street Fighter IV fans (35% conversion from SFIV), but few of these gamers own such popular fighting games like Tekken, Soul Calibur and Mortal Kombat, suggesting that gamers who play a particular type of fighting game are loyal to a specific brand.
Other interesting stats in the report:
- Average playtimes for completion of several notable milestones
- The most popular MvC3 character combinations
- Percentage of players who were able to surpass the highest ranks in multiplayer