Here’s a bit of industry news but before that, a bit of background. Nine Over Ten 9/10 has always received news on new games from PR firms or directly from publishers/developers. I don’t go about scouring other video games to post up secondhand news. That’s just how we roll here to ensure you, the reader, will always get something unique out of visiting this site.
So it’s pretty heartening to see people getting together to form PR companies that aim to make a difference, in this age of social media. One such company would be the newly formed Fusion PR Group consisting of industry veterans with the focus on fusing traditional PR and social media to create campaigns that not only reaches, but also influences the target audience.
Check out the following press release from Fusion PR Group:
FUSION PR GROUP REPRESENTS NEW AGENCY MODEL
New Virtual Communications Firm Features Roster of Well-Known Technology and Video Games PR and Social Media Pros
(Los Angeles, CA) – October 1, 2009 – Fusion PR Group opened its virtual doors today to service clients in the video games, consumer products, and mobile industries. The new agency is made up of a team of senior-level consultants, each with at least ten years communications experience in a variety of specialties such as social media, Internet marketing, corporate PR, traditional and non-traditional public relations.
Because the team is made up entirely of seasoned communications professionals, Fusion PR Group avoids the bait-and-switch often employed by conventional PR firms, and instead provides clients with long-range vision, demonstrated passion and proven know-how for every campaign.
Each project team is hand selected to make sure its areas of expertise mesh well with the business and industry of the client. Once the team has been customized, each communications plan the agency develops will live at the crossroads of new media and old school tactics to ensure clients receive the most effective marketing communications campaign possible.
“Fusion PR Group is a departure from the traditional PR firm because we know how to fuse the best of both worlds – traditional PR and social media – into a campaign that not only reaches, but also influences the audience,” said James Little, co-founder, Fusion PR Group. “We represent a new way of thinking about how to most efficiently meet the communications and business goals of our clients.”
Current team members and their areas of specialty include:
- James Little – Video games and consumer electronics industries, iPhone applications, corporate message development, social media
- Jennifer Campana – Kids’ interactive entertainment, licensed products, pop culture/mass market brands, virtual worlds/goods and digital economies
- Lindsay Plotkin – Video games targeting more mature audiences, online games; traditional media relations; corporate PR
- Karen Blondell – Wireless, video games (casual, console, online), mobile games (including iPhone), virtual worlds, consumer electronics; Corporate PR strategy, media relations, speech writing, internal communications, crisis communications and executive visibility
- Brian Fitzgerald – Mobile, sports and entertainment industries, consumer packaged goods; business development
- Ben Fisher – Entertainment and technology Internet marketing, social media marketing, SEO; development of iPhone applications and games
- Sean Angus – Consumer product marketing, website development, and social media marketing in the consumer electronics, consumer goods and video games industries
“Every Fusion PR Group team member works remotely and independently, which means we have very minimal overhead costs, and can pass these savings on to our clients,” said Jennifer Campana, co-founder, Fusion PR Group. “We are confident we can outbid any traditional PR agency – and deliver better, more targeted results.”
About Fusion PR Group
Fusion PR Group is a full-service marketing communications firm made up of only senior level communications professionals who specialize in launching new companies and products in the video games, mobile, consumer products and technology sectors. As a departure from the traditional agency model, we represent a new way of thinking about how to most efficiently meet the communications and business goals of our clients.
Our strategically executed campaigns fuse the best tactics from PR and social media, so every campaign we develop lives at the crossroads of new media and old school tactics. We also understand how important value is, so we have eliminated overhead costs, and pass the savings on to our clients. With the team and the tools in place to achieve great results, we are confident about delivering results that will meet and exceed client expectations. For more information, visit www.fusionprgroup.com