RIP Gary Leon Robert
With regards to the missing Adidas King of the Road Run participant that I wrote about on Sunday, I’m sorry to write that Gary Leon Robert was found dead yesterday in a tunnel (basement) of the Shah Alam Stadium. This is very sad news, since my friends and I were participants in the race as well and Gary was a good friend to another pal of mine.
I would like to express my condolences to the family and friends of Gary, and may he rest in peace.
The following is the news report in Malay, over at mStar Online (click here). For those who can’t read Malay, here are some key points translated from the news report:
- A student from the Universiti Tenaga National (Uniten) who was reported missing after participating in the Adidas King of the Road Marathon yesterday (Sunday) was found dead in a tunnel at the Shah Alam Stadium today (Monday).
- Gary Leon Robert was one of the the 10,000 participants in the run which was held by the Shah Alam City Council with the cooperation of Adidas Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
- The body was found in the stadium’s tunnel at about 1.05 p.m. with help of police dogs, according to Shah Alam District Head of Police, ACP Noor Azam Jamaluddin.
- The search was mobilized on Monday morning after Gary’s father lodged a missing persons report at about 4 p.m. Sunday at the Police HQ in Shah Alam.
- Initial examination found injuries to the chest and lips and the body was send to the Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital in Klang for a post-mortem.
- The student was reported missing right after the race by a friend of his and the organizers immediately searched the stadium grounds and race checkpoints to no avail.
- A search by City Council enforcers on Sunday night and Monday morning failed to yield any trace of the student.
Updates (5th August 2009): The cause of Gary’s death was due to severe dehydration. I hope this puts to rest all the theories that have been going about on the Internet. Thank you. (source: The Star)Powered by Sidelines
Previous Post The King of Fighters XII (PS3): Online Match Report